April 19, 2012

maiden voyage

For awhile now, I've had dreams of a bike with gears on it...dreams of gettin' where I want to be that must faster and easier. Last weekend, AMC and I took a vacation to his hometown, Colorado Springs. We traveled around town spending time with his family. While at his Dad's shop, I spotted a sparkly looking mountain bike that he offered me...apparently, a girl friend of his, bought it and never rode it, so gave it to Mark to house at the shop. I took it for a spin right there in the parking lot of the shop before packing it up in the car to bring home to Denver.

I could hardly believe it- I had a new bike. Mark asked that I take a picture of her in Denver and send it to him. Last night, just as the sun was about to dip behind the mountains I was going to take a picture to send him from her parking spot next to AMC's bike inside our loft. Only.....that would be a lousy photo- inside a house! I was ashamed of myself, who owns a bike for 2 whole days and hasn't ridden it yet?!!
So, we headed out for an evening cruise.

I have to be honest, I did feel I was cheating at first-- on Wendy, my cruiser bike that has been my one and only for three years now (AMC got her for me on my 26th birthday.) I wasn't sure I would even like my new bike...

oh, but I do.

She's smooth riding
and so fast!

When out of the street, instead of going left out of habit- I noticed the Rockies were playing at the stadium 2 blocks down. We headed that way. At the "hill" of Wazee and 20th, I automatically popped up off my seat to provide enough power to haul up, until I remembered that my new bike has gears, so fancy.

After cruising the game scene, we headed over to the wedding garden to check out the scene at nighttime. There, parked under the flowering trees- I let myself fall in love with her.

Now, I have two bikes. One for leisure (Wendy) and another for gettin' when the gettin's good...
lucky girl here, Thanks Mark!!!!

heading down in the elevator.

bike accessory envy! I love this idea seen outside of Coors Field, a wooden wine box for a 'basket'-- a must do!

Home of the Colorado Rockies, Coors Field at the First Base entrance

waiting for me under the flowering trees--she's a keeper!







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...